We have been carefully watching the development and media surrounding the spread of the Covid-19 virus. In these circumstances it is a priority to protect our vendors, applicants, landlords, tenants, contractors and team members.
- All market valuations and viewings; property inspections and checkouts will be carried out as normal, however this will be reviewed if the situation deteriorates.
Prior to any appointment/property inspection vendor(s)/applicant(s) and tenant(s) will be asked:-
- if they have travelled overseas since the start of 2020,
- whether they have any symptoms of Covid-19,
- whether they have been in contact with anyone with the symptoms of Covid-19; or
- whether they have been advised to self-isolate.
If any of these scenarios apply, the visit will be postponed.
2) All viewings and valuations will continue as normal, unless either the applicant, current tenant or Landlord are experiencing any of the above four scenarios.
3) All maintenance will continue as normal. Should the situation deteriorate, this will be re-evaluated. Tenants should be asked if they are experiencing any of the above four scenarios prior to the visit.
Safety certificates that are due will need to be arranged in the normal way and subject to the above. If access is not permitted, all records of correspondence and contact with a Tenant / occupant must be retained. The safety certificate will need to be completed as soon as possible in accordance with legislation, once it is safe to do so.
4) Hand sanitiser is available at the front entrance to the offices and both property managers and negotiators are carrying a personal supply. They have been requested to use hand sanitiser both before and after appointments and they have been requested to avoid both hand shaking and close contact with others (1 metre distance as recommended by government sources). Please do not take offence at this; we are trying to keep our team safe and prevent the spread.
5) We are circulating information relating to Covid-19 to all parties to distribute information and help prevent the spread of the virus.
6) Should members of our team need to self-isolate, they will be able to do so with our full support and facility to work remotely.
7) In the extreme circumstance that we are required to close an office, we have contingency plans to enable the business to continue operating and we will update you should this situation occur.
8) The safety and health of both our team and those we meet is paramount therefore we will do all we can as a business to ensure our actions minimise the impact of Covid-19 on all our clients.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19
- Dry cough
- High temperature/fever
- Shortness of breath
HOW TO PROTECT YOURSELF FROM COVID-19
- Regular hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using regular hand sanitiser gel
- Cover your mouth or nose with tissue rather than your hand when coughing and sneezing
- Put tissues in sealed bin as soon as possible
- Avoid close contact with others who are unwell
- Avoid touching your face
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE COVID-19
- Remain at home and self-isolate
- Do not visit your GP or hospital
- Use the NHS 111 online Corona Virus service for further advice: