Property Details (of the property you are applying to rent)
Complete this form if you wish to make a formal offer to let a property that you have viewed. Once we have received the completed form we will go through your offer with the Landlord. Any offer is accepted subject to your submission of the required ‘Right to Rent’ documents and the receipt of an acceptable reference(s). If you have any questions or queries please call our rental team on 01522 556099.
Right To Rent
In accordance with the Immigration Act 2014 you need to verify your ID and Right to Rent in the UK before a reference can be completed. This information must be provided for each occupant of the property aged 18 yrs or more. You will be required to provide a colour copy of the document with your application form.
Tenant Right to Rent Information
- 1.1 I hereby confirm that the information that I have provided is true and accurate and give my permission for this information to be used by Mundys for the purposes of commencing a Tenancy.
- 1.2 I understand that the information provides the basis of an offer to let a property and that an accepted offer would be subject to the receipt of acceptable references.
- 1.3 If the provided information is not verified by referencing I recognise that this will affect my capability to let the property and under these circumstances I agree to forfeit a Holding Deposit.
- 1.4 If the provided information is verified by referencing I provide my consent for a Holding deposit to be used against my Tenancy Rent.
- 1.5 I agree to provide copies of the required ‘Right to Rent’ documentation to Mundys within 48 hrs and complete referencing links within 48 hrs of issue. I accept that failure to do so will affect my capability to commence a Tenancy.
- 1.6 Mundys work in coordination with Tenant Shop to improve services to Tenants. Tenant Shop assist your move, streamlining the registration with property utilities. To do so they will notify the necessary organisations of your contact information, move date and where applicable meter readings. Tenant shop Limited is fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and a Registered Member of the Information Commissioners Office (no; Z305733X). Mundys will use software provided by Tenant Shop to notify the Local Council, water supplier(s), and energy provider(s) in line with your Tenancy start date and again on the tenancy end / vacating date. We will ask Tenant shop to contact you on our behalf by text, phone and / or email to offer you energy and media comparisons for your new tenancy to help you get set up in your new home. Call centre comparisons are completely optional for you (the Tenant) and you can opt out at any time by emailing email@example.com . Please note that Mundys may receive a commission in respect of a successful referral or introduction.
- 1.7 I agree to receive Tenancy documents such as the Tenancy Agreement, Tenancy Inventory, the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC), Government How To Rent Guide & Deposit Terms and Conditions by email.
What Happens Now
- When you have completed the form, return it to our Lettings department who will acknowledge its receipt. If returning by email please email to; firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will liaise with the landlord of the property to agree your offer in principle. If there are multiple offers the Landlord will only choose one applicant to move forward with. You will be required to pay a holding deposit at this time, equal to 1 weeks rent.
- You will need to provide your ‘Right to Rent’ information to the offer. This should be provided with your application form. If you are not sure what documents are required more information is available at; https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/573057/6_1193_HO_NH_Right-to-Rent-Guidance.pdf
- Referencing will be completed by a specialist referencing firm Let Alliance. You will need to complete the links issued to you straight away with all relevant information. You should also ask your employer, line manager or Landlord that a reference is to be completed and ask them to respond quickly.
- You should start to make preparations to move – but don’t book anything until we have received your reference report back. At this time we can confirm a move date.
- Before your move you will need to have paid your Tenancy Rent & Tenancy Deposit and have signed your Tenancy agreement. Rent should be paid by bank transfer. Your Tenancy Agreement will be signed electronically.
- On the move day you will need to come to the office to collect keys and go through the last of the paperwork.
- You can start to think about contents insurance now. This is an insurance that you commission for the protection of your belongings.
- If you have any queries why not contact a member of our team we are open Monday to Friday 9 – 5.30, Saturday 9-3, Sunday 10 - 2 and can be contacted on 01522 556099.
Thank you for choosing to Let with Mundys.